Have you ever ended up frustrated trying to fix up a healthy snack only to have your kids cross their arms and pout in dismay at the first bite? " But it's good for you," you say trying to convince them to take another bite.
Well, this isn't one of those recipes. Trust me when I say, you won't even need to bribe them into taking a piece of this delicious healthy treat. The smell of these freshly-baked avocado brownies is enough to send them rushing to your kitchen. They will be munching away not even realizing this yummy treat is good for them.
So, shall we get to it?
- 1 whole avocado
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup gluten-free all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- dairy-free dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 °F
- Slice up the avocado and put in a mixing bowl. Mash until it resembles a paste or puree.
- Add in coconut oil, egg , maple syrup and vanilla. Mix together.
- On a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients except chocolate chips.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredient mixture. Mix together until fully combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Line a baking pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan.
- Bake for 35 to 38 minutes. Cooking time can vary from oven to oven. You can also insert a toothpick into the mixture to check , if it comes out clean it's done.
If you want to see my original video post about this recipe, click on the link below.